Why Dubois County?
Dubois County is a genuine community where people have careers, live comfortably and enjoy the amenities around them with family and friends at their side. It is more than just a place to live and work, it has various luxuries that allow you to call it home. Our existing businesses are growing, entrepreneurship remains on the rise and we are becoming more connected. The growth our county has seen over the past year is incredible.
- Population: 42,565
- Average Age: 40
- Labor Force: 23,357
- Median Household Income: $63.033
- Projected Job Growth Over Next 10 Years: +491
Interstates + Highways – Convenient and economical access to a variety of transportation infrastructure: Interstate 64 and Interstate 69.
Railway – Connections to the Norfolk Southern Rail system, including connection to the Ports of New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, the Great Lakes and all major markets east of the Mississippi River.
Regional Airport – 3 miles south of Huntingburg along US 231. Features a 5,001 ft. paved runway.
High Speed Internet – Fast connections via local providers result in higher productivity.
Miles to Major Cities
Location matters. Dubois County is able to uniquely provide easy access to numerous major markets via state and interstate highways, air, and rail while still maintaining the necessary elbow space required to conduct business at ease. Dubois County is only a day’s drive from half of the U.S. Markets and 80% of the total U.S. population.
Louisville – 70 miles
Indianapolis – 124 miles
Cincinnati – 169 miles
St. Louis – 207 miles
Chicago – 284 miles
- Manufacturing is the largest industry in Dubois County employing 11,787 workers.
- Healthcare and Social Assistance is the next largest, employing 3,400 workers.
- Retail Trade is the third largest employing 3,115 workers.
Top occupations in Dubois County:
- Production: 7,564 workers
- Office + Admin: 3,818 workers
- Sales + Related: 2,648 workers